March 15, 2011

Fabric Faves: John Robshaw Blockprint

This is the first of many fabric posts. I love fabric. Not sure why. Maybe because its art that you can touch. And it has a purpose besides just looking at it. You wear it, it blocks the sun, you sit on it, its something to snuggle. Anyway, I kind of have a weird thing about fabric. The tiniest pieces I spy in magazines and have to find out where it came from. Who designed it, what are they like, what's their background. Where is the fabric made, and how. So if you are like me, and I know there's one or two of you out there, this if for you. Here's one of my faves.

John Robshaw- he pretty much sums it up. It's hand printed. It's ethnic. Gorgeous, unusual color combinations. I used his fabric in my baby girl's room. Perhaps a little unconvential for a baby's room, but I love it. Here's some (not so great) pics of the little ladie's room done in John Robshaw fabrics, and some of my other favorite swatches.

John Robshaw Blockprint Crib Bedding


John Robshaw Blockprint Valance and Curtains in Baby Room
photos


photos


No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, don't be shy...