March 03, 2011

Stairway to Heaven

I have a thing for Moorish patterns. I first saw them in southern Spain, the best example being at La Alhambra in Granada. But really the gorgeous tiles were everywhere, on the outsides of buildings, in crummy public bathrooms, outside walkways.  Their intersting patterns have become somewhat of a passion of mine, I seek them out in any form I can find. And this is an amazing find. Stair stencils in Moorish patterns. It's like you are walking to heaven. This sums up my love of design. It's useful (they are stairs, they take you somewhere), pattern, ethic feel, and color (okay, just the yellow one). The brilliant creator behind these stencils is Melanie Royal, and she rocks.  She takes students on her trips to help with the stenciling. What a dream to learn by her side.I would love to go on one of her trips. Italy, Morocco, I think she's doing Spain next. I could feature a million things from her blog, so expect to see more!

Moorish Pattern Stencil Painted Stairs

Moorish Pattern Stencil Painted Stairs

Moorish Pattern Stencil Painted Stairs

photos

1 comment:

  1. This is my fav. I love the patterns in the same color. More my likey likey

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, don't be shy...