June 26, 2011

Adding Architecture: Moroccan Arches

If you haven't caught on yet, I have a thing for Morocco. I haven't even been there, but got close enough to see it by standing at the very southern tip of Spain and looking across the ocean. I guess you can say we wimped out. While in southern Spain, my backpack was stolen by some Moroccan Gypsies,  at least that's what the Spaniards called them. I screamed like a crazy person, and some nice Spanish guy ran after the thieves and the Gypsies dropped my backpack, and it was returned to me. Anyway, that experience left me a bit afraid of going to Mystical Morocco. I still got to see plenty of Moorish influence in the south of Spain, and it was enough to hold my attention all these years later. As I've mentioned before, interesting architecture makes all the difference in a space. And while adding a Moroccan arch to your home might not be an inexpensive solution, it does have big impact.

Moorish Arch in Dining Room
photo
Moorish Arch Window
photo
Moorish Arch
photo
Moorish Architecture Arch
photo
Moorish Arch Built-In
photo
Moorish Arch
photo
Decorating with Moroccan Arch
photo
photo

1 comment:

c'mon, don't be shy...