March 20, 2012

I found Barcelona in St. Louis!

We took a mini-vacay last weekend to St. Louis to do some kid stuff. I looked online at The City Museum and thought it definitely looked like fun for the kids. When we walked through the doors, I was completely blown away. I was immediately reminded of the architecture of Spanish architect Antonio Gaudi. The City Museum is made from recycled materials found within the city-- little items pieced together to create a kid's fantasy land- there's old machinery, planes, tile. It's mosaics remind me so much of the melting wonderland at Parc Guell in Barcelona.

Here are some shots I took upon entering:

Some more great images of The City Museum

photo

photo

And here's a small taste of Antonio Gaudi:

photo
Mosaics from Parc Guell, Barcelona
photo
Antonio Gaudi interior
photo
Casa Batllo, Barcelona
photo
Parc Guell, Barcelona
photo
Parc Guell Barcelona
photo
Casa Batllo, Barcelona
photo
The Most Wonderful Place on Earth- Parc Guell, Barcelona
Photos don't do either place justice. Truly magical.

1 comment:

  1. The City Museum is definitely one of St. Louis' treasures. It's supposedly for kids, but I certainly had fun there as an adult. : )

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, don't be shy...