August 02, 2012

painted trim for the boys room

It's about time to switch things up for Reece's room. He'll turn 8 this year, and his room has stayed the same since he was a baby. It's not that it's babyish, but time for a change. He has full length curtains that will come down. I've been trying to figure out how to make the 3 windows in his room interesting, without being frilly and girly. Thought maybe I'd paint the window trim in a contrasting color. I'm thinking of navy walls with turquoise trim. I can't decide if the baseboards and crown molding should be painted turquoise too, or just the windows, or maybe just the back of his door, or his closet. I'm obviously undecided.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

So after looking these over, I think anything goes. It doesn't matter if you do both the crown moulding and baseboards, or just the windows, or one or the other. High contrast or low-- anything works. Like I said, I'm thinking navy walls (or that funky greenish/teal navy, like the main color below) with turquoise trim. I'm certain that will change since I've already changed my mind 3 times. I'm so lucky that the kiddo doesn't care. I've asked him 3 options so far and he said yes to all. First one was grey and white painted stripes with turquoise trim, second was turquoise and white stripes on just one wall with navy trim, and now we've landed at navy walls with turquoise trim. We'll see what actually happens. Kind of depends on if I can score this rug:

More on that later. And no, I'm not sick of chevron yet!

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 29, 2014

    Are the windows vinyl? Did you have to use a certain type of paint to get good coverage?

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, don't be shy...