September 06, 2011

Moroccan Tile Patterns

Moorish tile has got to be my number one inspiration for pattern. While traveling in southern Spain, I saw this tile everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean covering the outside of buildings, on the walls of basement bathrooms, and less glamourous places as well. The traditional colors are green, gold, red and blue as seen in this classic zellij pattern:
photo
These are a bit over the top, but so cool. 
photo
photo
 I had way too much fun on this site. So many options. 
I could realistically put these anywhere:





           
             
When talking about Moroccan Tiles, I cannot leave out the fabulous Popham Design. They have some killer designs in cement tiles. I couldn't get any pics of my favorites from their website, but they are to-die-for. You must check it out. And to get a little taste, here's a few shots from the creators of Popham Design's very own Marrakesh home. W-O-W. 

photo
photo
photo
I would love to go balls out and customize a back splash in something bright but have it tiled on to a double-sided board where you could flip it over and have neutral tile on the reverse side. So depending on your mood, your kitchen can be switched up. Also great for resale value in case future home buyers don't want crazy colors on a permanent fixture such as a back splash. Has anyone ever tried this? Do you think it could work? If not, here's a simple Moroccan tiled backslash that you could live with for a long time. 

photo
Can't get enough? I've got more images on Pinterest.


2 comments:

  1. Most popular aspects of kitchen countertops is the aesthetic appeal. They provide a natural beauty to a kitchen or bathroom that other materials lack. Cooking is a pleasure and you can make it more than an art by remodelling your kitchen in the desired manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, it brings me back to the time in Spain. I want to go back now.

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, don't be shy...