December 31, 2012

Marimekko on my Mind

I've been wanting to insert some bold art into my ho-hum living room. I've got a big canvas that I'm kind of sick of looking at. I wish I were lucky enough to come across some great abstract art like Jenny scored, but haven't found any great finds yet. My friend Annie scored this on shopgoodwill.com:


Has anyone had luck at shopgoodwill.com? Looks like there might be some great steals if you take the time to keep looking. I had my eye on this, but just couldn't pull the trigger at $120. After I looked up the artist, it actually looked like a good deal, but chickened out.

I've been debating covering the large canvas that's currently on the wall with fabric of some sort. Thought about creating my own, and still might, but also thought a great Marimekko would be a nice choice. I think I can just stretch the fabric over my existing piece, and the original piece would stay in tact in case I decide to change it back.

I've loved Marimekko since my older sister got a Marimekko comforter in 7th grade, I think it was this one:
photo
Cute in a vintage 80s kind of way, right?
Love this vintage one...
photo
Really LOVE this one-- 

photo
Some more Marimekko inspiration, are you digging it?
photo
photo
photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

c'mon, don't be shy...