September 22, 2011

Color Lover: KELLY GREEN

There are certain colors that in general, I've never really liked. Purple being one, not plum or periwinkle, but bright K-State Purple. I just can't envision how that could look good in a room (let alone on cabinets, that's going to be a tough one!) But we'll cover purple another day. Today I'm thinking Kelly Green, like the color of a Green Crayola Crayon. I'm not sure what the difference between Grass Green and Kelly Green is, but Kelly Green seems to have a preppy connotation to me. I never been drawn toward adding Kelly Green to my home, but I'm now having a change of heart.  I love how I can expect the ugliest of colors, or color combinations to somehow be seen in a beautiful light when done right. I think I'm seeing Kelly Green most often with brown and white or black and white. And it works. Preppy isn't quite my aesthetic, but I don't think I'd call any of these Kelly Green spaces preppy. Just cool.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo


And maybe I do like the preppy look just a tad: 

1 comment:

  1. Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.I have Bookmark this webpage,I am sure I will visit this place again soon.Thanks for sharing.
    decorative pillows

    ReplyDelete

c'mon, don't be shy...